To provide leadership, information, knowledge, and advice to the ACCESS OM Network and to other interested parties respecting any matter affecting or pertaining to Indigenous people, relevant to the purpose and duties of the ACCESS OM Network including:
- Indigenous rights, culture, traditions, history and circumstances;
- The needs, values and expectations of Indigenous communities in relation to youth mental health and social determinants of health;
- Priorities, objectives, programs and strategies to achieve ACCESS OM core objectives (early identification, rapid access, appropriate care, continuity of care, youth engagement, family engagement), the integration of research into clinical practice and data collection;
- Sustainability plans for ACCESS OM;
- Ownership, Control, Access and Possession (OCAP) principles;
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada (TRC) recommendations;
- Build relationships and disseminate knowledge derived from ACCESS OM data trends from Indigenous communities to advocate and build capacity with Indigenous communities and interested parties;
- Advocate, promote and encourage Indigenous researchers and Indigenous youth researchers.
- To consider the needs of Indigenous communities, best practices in Indigenous youth mental health service provision, research and evaluation.
- To advise ACCESS OM leadership on strategies and opportunities to better serve Indigenous youth and their families/carers within the scope of ACCESS OM.
- To advise NPI on issues arising from the project.
- To identify linkages with other initiatives and share information with/about the ACCESS OM Network to interested parties and Indigenous communities in consultation with the NPI for the purpose of sustainability.
- Elders, youth, and ACCESS Open Minds site members from Eskasoni First Nation (Nova Scotia), Elsipogtog First Nation (New Brunswick), Mistissini Aschiikuwaadaauch ᐋᔅᒌᑯᐧᐋᑖᐅᒡ (Quebec), Puvirnituq (Nunavik, QC), Sturgeon Lake First Nation (Saskatchewan), Ulukhaktok (Inuvialuit Settlement Region, NT)
- Two members of ACCESS OM Central Office: Director of Services and Engagement, Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator