Frequently asked questions

What does participating the research involve?

Participating in research involves filling out some surveys and questionnaires and anonymously sharing some of your health care information. All data and information that is collected is anonymized, meaning it won’t have your name on it. For more information about participating in the research, contact your local ACCESS OM site team.

Why should I participate in the research?

By participating in the research, you can make a difference in how youth mental health services are provided, both in your community and across Canada, to young people and their families and carers now, and in the future.


How are the ACCESS OM sites funded?

Funding for sites is jointly provided by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research’s Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research and the Graham Boeckh Foundation, as well as local in-kind funding. The grant funds are administered by the ACCESS OM Central Office, located in Montréal, Québec.


How can I donate?

Cash donations can be made via the Douglas Hospital Research Centre website. For site specific donations, please indicate which site you would like your contribution to go to. Tax receipts for all donations over $25 will be issued.


Other donations: our sites are always in need of books, furniture, musical instruments, art supplies, equipment, computers, food, supplies. For any questions about donations please contact Jess Chisholm, Director of Operations:


How will donations be used?

You can specify how you would like your donation used! All donations will contribute to innovative research that will improve youth mental health care in Canada (and beyond!).


How can I get help at an ACCESS OM site?

Please visit the “Find a site” tab for information about our sites and how to get in touch with them. Kid’s Help Phone provides anonymous help to youth in need and can be reached at 1-800-668-6868 or If you are in crisis and need help immediately call 9-1-1 or your local emergency number.

Skip to toolbar