University of Alberta (Edmonton, Alberta)
ACCESS OM at the University of Alberta is a friendly and caring service looking to improve student wellness and mental health by connecting students to supports, bridging gaps, and providing assistance as long as needed. We are working towards improving your experience with accessing mental health services, as well as providing youth-specific services and interventions. Our services are part of a nation-wide initiative that focuses on student wellness & mental health. By participating in this project, you can make a difference in how mental health services are provided on campus as well as across Canada.
Connect with us at: email@example.com
COVID-19 Updated Services
We are open and we’re here to support you! We may be working remotely but we’re still ‘here’ to provide you with the services you need. We are operating Mondays to Fridays, and to support social distancing and public health measures regarding COVID-19, we are now providing all services over phone, email, Google Meet and/or Zoom.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment, or if you have any other inquiries. Our offices and drop-in space in SUB will be closed until further notice.
For more information on our services, please visit our UAlberta ACCESS Open Minds webpage.
Community Broker Team Lead
Jessica Martinez Perez
If you need support or just chat:
- WellTrack is a free online self-help program for all University of Alberta students who want to learn more about coping with stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Kids Help Phone: Call 1-800-668-6868 to speak with one of our professional counsellors 24/7.
- Text CONNECT to 686868 to reach a trained volunteer Crisis Responder 24/7
- CMHA Online Chat: https://edmonton.cmha.ca/online-crisis-chat/
- Text4mood: To subscribe text “MOOD” to 7606703130
- Text4hope: Text COVID19HOPE to 393939 to subscribe
If you are worried about a campus community member:
- Call HIAR (Helping Individuals at Risk) at 780-492-4372 or email: email@example.com
List of local Albertan Resources:
- Dial 2-1-1 | Text INFO to 211 | Live chat
- Alberta Mental Help Line 1-877-303-2642
- On campus emergency University of Alberta Protective Services at 780-492-5050