Home – Improving youth mental health across Canada Forums COMMUNICATIONS Forum The 12 days of holiday mental health tips

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello! Welcome to our first collaborative project on My ACCCESS. Each site should select one of the 12 dates between December 24 and January 5. In a reply to this post, indicate which date you chose and write in one tweet in French or English (they will all be translated in both languages). Aim for 120 characters or less (spaces included) to leave room for the hashtag #12daysofMHtips.

Be original, try to think of what would be helpful tips for youth to enjoy healthy holidays and start 2017 on the right foot. Make sure you choose a date that has not yet been taken and that your tweet is different than the ones previously submitted by other sites. If you wish to provide your own image to accompany the tweet, attach it to your response. Otherwise, I will pick an appropriate stock photo to go with it. Check back to see the updated list in this post.  For tweets published on:

Dec 26, Dec 28, Dec 29– deadline is this Wednesday, Dec 14

Dec 30 , Jan 1, Jan 2, Jan 3, Jan 4, Jan 5 – deadline is Thursday, Dec 22

Have fun! Caroline

1. December 25: @ACCESSNB Make sure to get enough sleep! @LeeNyree Take the time to do something creative and inspiring – Andrew
    2. December 26: @ACCESSRIPAJ – En espérant que vous prendrez le temps d’apprécier le plein air, faire des anges dans la neige, prendre des bains chauds et faire des câlins!
    3. December 27: @ACCESSDLL This holiday season why not do random acts of kindness during your day, it could change someones day and even yours.”   -Brittany & Marie-Christine
    4. December 28: “Fais de tes erreurs un apprentissage!” Gabriel (Parc-Extension)
    5. December 29: This holiday season, be sure to get moving. Regular physical activity can help reduce anxiety & depression (U of A)
    6. December 30: The holidays can be a roller coaster of emotions. Pay attention to you feelings and talk about them with someone. (U of A)
    7. December 31: #ACCESSCK Instead of NYE resolutions, think of past year’s accomplishments. Take time to acknowledge your awesomeness!
    8. January 1: Everything is beautiful around us, you just have to train your eyes. You get everything in life that you put out. And you can ask for help. I did it. I got answers. -Inuvialuit Youth
    9. January 2:
    10. January 3:
    11. January 4:
    12. January 5:

Alysha Elliott
    Participant

<span style=”font-family: ‘Fira Sans’, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>@ACCESSNB “Make sure to get enough sleep!” @LeeNyree #12daysofMHtips</span>

@ACCESSNB “Take the time to do something creative and inspiring” – Andrew <span style=”font-family: ‘Fira Sans’, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>#12daysofMHtips</span>

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”> @ACCESSDLL” </span><span style=”color: #000000;”><span style=”font-family: Calibri;”>This holiday season why not do random acts of kindness during your day, it could change someones day and even yours.”   -Brittany & Marie-Christine </span></span>   December 27th

Rebecca Prince
    Participant

December 31st
    #ACCESSCK <span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>Instead of NYE resolutions, think of past year’s accomplishments. Take time to acknowledge your awesomeness! #12daysofMHtips</span>

Milena Gioia
    Participant

26 décembre

@ACCESSRIPAJ – En espérant que vous prendrez le temps d’apprécier le plein air, faire des anges dans la neige, prendre des bains chauds et faire des câlins!

Emmanuelle Bolduc
    Participant

<span style=”font-family: ‘Fira Sans’, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>ACCESS P-Ex</span>

December 26th

“Fais de tes erreurs un apprentissage!” Gabriel

From U of A:

• Carve out time for yourself. Read a book, go for a walk, play your favourite game – do something you enjoy to relax.
    • The holidays can be a roller coaster of emotions. Pay attention to you feelings and talk about them with someone.
    • Be patient with yourself. If you feel overwhelmed or anxious, give yourself space to breathe and find your calm.
    • Focus on one thing at a time. Being present in the moment will help you find more joy this holiday season.

From Ulukhaktok:

Everything is beautiful around us, you just have to train your eyes. You get everything in life that you put out. And you can ask for help. I did it. I got answers.

-Inuvialuit Youth

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.